Sunday, May 9, 2010

Brunch on the Balcony

We had amazing weather this weekend… like, Seattle is finally catching on to this thing called ‘spring’. It was sunny, it was warm, it was beautiful. There was a nice but slight breeze, the skies were blue, and I swear there were even birds chirping. I took advantage of the fantastic weekend in every way possible. On Saturday Amanda, LB, and I went to the UW baseball game, a perfect place to sit and soak up some rays. Today we went to our friend’s beach house and lounged in the sun, kayaked, and played in the sand.

Aside from sunny day activities, warm weather also means al fresco dining. More specifically, it means al fresco brunch. My favorite thing EVER. I love brunch. I love brunch on the balcony with all that delicious food, sun, and nature. So, without further ado, I give you Brunches on the Balcony…my new favorite weekend tradition.


Parmesan French toast with poached eggs and arugula – inspired by a Gourmet recipe.


Poached egg on toasted baguette with fresh avocado, cream cheese, piquillo peppers, a splash of balsamic, and a sprinkle of smoked gouda.


Until next time…
SHARE:
© Loves Food, Loves to Eat. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig