Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Menu

I’ve been working SO much lately. Like… 11 hours a day. Combined with my hour round-trip bus commute, I’m away from home for 12-plus hours each day. I'm not complaining... hey, I'm trying to get a promotion here (hint hint, if my boss is reading this...) but it is a bit exhausting. It also doesn’t leave lots of time for things like training for an upcoming half marathon, doing laundry and dishes, or cooking. That’s why tonight, for Cinco de Mayo, I’m going to celebrate by having someone else cook for me, serve me a heavily spiked margarita, and even clean-up after me when I’m done. As much as I LOVE cooking and entertaining, I’m going out to eat tonight, and not spending one moment in front of the stove or sink.


I feel a little guilty, for not making you fabulous Mexican-inspired spread, so I’ve put together this Cinco de Mayo menu, inspired by my recipes, and those of other great food bloggers. Start with tortilla chips and pico de gallo. For the main course, set up a taco bar with fresh corn tortillas, limes, thinly sliced radishes, cilantro, pork carnitas flavored with tangy tamarind paste, a big pot of black beans, and spicy sweet potatoes. End the meal with creamy, cool caramel flan. Enjoy, and have a Pacifico for me (or, hell, make it a shot of Cuervo).
SHARE:
© Loves Food, Loves to Eat. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig