Monday, May 9, 2011

Frijoles + Huevos = True Love

Remember those black beans you made for Cinco de Mayo? The ones that are leftover in your fridge, or perhaps, the ones that you froze for later? Well, they remember you. And they want you to heat ‘em up, shower them with a hearty spoonful of crumbled cotija cheese, and top them with a slightly runny, crispy-around-the-edges fried egg. Trust me, I know these things.


I had a pot of black beans leftover from the amazing rockfish taco dinner I made over the weekend, and when I woke up, I heard them quietly whispering to me from the fridge. By noon, the whisper had gotten a little louder, and by 1pm, those black beans were practically shouting in my ear, begging to be topped with a fried egg. I obliged…no one wants to deal with an angry pot of beans.

SHARE:
© Loves Food, Loves to Eat. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig